Chinese Fiancee and Children Visa Application Fees

I often get this question: “On Chinese fiance K visa applications, does the non-immigrant visa application fee include a child or is it an extra fee of $350 with the Consulate?”

Prior to the visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in China, the consulate will send the Chinese fiance notification to prepare. Part of that notice will include paying the visa application fee before the visa interview can take place. Currently, the visa application fee for the Chinese fiance of an U.S. citizen is $350.

Children of the Chinese fiance are listed and included on the primary I-129F petition but, the fee for the immigrant child will apply at the consulate. For the original petition, the applicant must submit the primary I-129F petition and G-325 Biographic information for both the petitioner and beneficiary of the I-129F petition. The petitioner does not need a Form G-325 for a child.

Since a separate visa is issued to each immigrant, a separate fee is required by the consulate. The immigrant child will also require a separate set of application materials including the medical exam.

Visa Interview Attendance

Interview attendance for children can be different at U.S. Consulates around the world. Sometimes, children under the age of 14 are not required to attend the interview. Since our firm specializes in China, I can report to you that the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou operates on a different standard.

All children of spouses and fiancees of U.S. citizens must accompany the Chinese beneficiary at the time of the visa interview. And, unlike other consulates around the world, the U.S. petitioner is not allowed to attend.

U.S. Consulate Notification

Packet 3 is what the Consulate will send your fiancee to notify and prepare them for the visa interview. The exact wording for visa application fees from packet 3 instructions is below.

“For K visa applicants, all K non immigrant visa applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of 350USD (or equivalent in RMB) at a CITIC Bank prior to the visa interview. The fee can be paid at any of the designated branches of CITIC Bank in mainland China. For more information, please contact CITIC Bank national Customer Contact Center at 95558 or visit its website at:

If you enjoy receiving information about China marriage and fiance visas or have a topic you would want me to write about, let me know in the comments section below.

If you need more information or a free consultation, please see my Attorney Services page.

John B. Buda, Esq.
China Marriage 101 Attorney Service

Randy & Xiaoying

Randy & Xiaoying provide U.S./Chinese couples support at Buda Law Group. They assist couples with information and document collection both English and Chinese.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments